In today’s time, when one talks about the super-hit film franchises like Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit or even X-Men, one cannot finish the conversation without mentioning about these films’ prominent character, the Gandalf. And when one thinks of Gandalf, one cannot just think about this character in single. Ever since he starred in the first LOTR film, Gandalf and Sir Ian Mckellen go hand in hand.
But apart from this fame, there is much more to Sir Ian’s personal and professional life that very few are aware of. Here are 5 interesting facts about Sir Ian McKellen which only few of us might be aware about.
1. McKellen debuted in the 1964 television series The Indian Tales Of Rudyard Kipling. We managed to find a clip of his lost debut appearance.
2. Apart from X-Men and Lord Of The Ring Movies, McKellen is also famous for his performances in The Da Vinci Code, Mr. Holmes and Richard III.
Sir Ian McKellen in Mr. Holmes | Source
3. Sir Ian offered to quit after the very first day shoot of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, as he found the methods of shooting tedious.
4. Sir Ian came out of the closet at the age of 49 and publically declared that he is gay.
5. Though Sir Ian McKellen is popular as a Hollywood personality, the actor started his career in theatre and has worked on a lot of plays with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
Subscribe for our weekly newsletter