She may not be very old in the industry or in life, but she definitely has a natural knack for what is required to survive the competition, picking the right roles. Aditi Rao Hydari is one of those rare performers who have an unfamiliar yet winning acting talent that remains in the minds of the audience for a long time after even if on the surface it seems to have gone unnoticed. This pretty young lady has only had an upward career graph that makes her an interesting actor to study.
Apart from delivering noteworthy on screen acts in movies like Bhoomi,Wazir, Rockstar, Yeh Saali Zindagi and Delhi 6, this heiress of two royal lineages has a lot more to her than what meets the eye. Here’s a lowdown on everything you probably didn’t know about her:
1. Born in Hyderabad on 28th October, 1986, Hydari is an heiress of two royal lineages. She is the great granddaughter of Muhammad Akbar Nazar Ali Hydari and the grandniece of Muhammad Saleh Akbar Hydari, former Governor of Assam. Raja J Rameshwar Rao, administrative head of Wanaparthi state during its time, and Shanta Rameshwar Rao, famed educationalist and chairperson of publishing house Orient Blackswan are her maternal grandparents.
2. The mixed ancestry has bestowed her with great features that can be attributed partly to her Bohri Muslim father, Ehsaan Hydari and partly to her mother of Mangalorean Konkani heritage. Aditi’s mom Vidya Rao is an acclaimed Indian singer and writer who is known for thumri and dadra genres of music.
With her mom Vijay Rao
3. After having finished her schooling at Rishi Valley School in Bangalore, Aditi graduated from the prestigious Lady Sri Ram College, Delhi.
4. She is also a trained classical Bharatanatyam dancer who was trained by the famed dancer Leela Samson.
Aditi with mentor (right) Leela Samson
5. She made her singing debut with the movie London Paris New York wherein she crooned two of the songs herself.
6. When she was all of eight years old, Aditi was offered a role by Muzaffar Ali in his movie Zooni, starring Vinod Khanna and dimple Kapadia that was expected to release in 1990 but unfortunately never saw light of the day.
(left) Dimple Kapadia in a still from Zooni; (right) Aditi
7. Aditi Rao Hydari and Kiran Rao are first maternal cousins. Shocking, right? That’s because they like to maintain a low key relationship but are rather pally with each other in reality.
8. At 21, Aditi was married to Satyadeep Mishra, the lawyer turned actor who’s played roles in movies such as Love Breakups Zindagi, Bombay Velvet, and No One Killed Jessica among many others. She met him when she was 17 and claims that it was the only serious relationship ever. The couple mutually separated a few years later.
Aditi with ex-husband Satyadeep Mishra
Subscribe for our weekly newsletter